Monday, June 16, 2014

Teaching Fun with Elder Bananas

Hola Amigos! This week has been the bomb diggaty! Elder Victory and I have had some up's and downs this week but all in all it was for a good cause!

The week started normal and all... we got three new investigators and we visited a lot of less-active members which was awesome! One particular lady which I will call Sabrina has been in our thoughts for most of the week. She is a lady who has seen the community services of the church and has seen that we try and preach our word and try to spread our message of Christ inside as well as outside of the church. She likes that our church is multi-cultured and she loves the smiles we bring. We teach her again today and I hope it goes well!

We've been role-playing teaching with a huge stuffed monkey in our apartment who we call "Elder Bananas" because he's a monkey on top and then has a banana peel for his bottom half. Anyways, I can't get over the fact that we're teaching a stuffed monkey sometimes and end up laughing which totally ruins the whole concept but I can't help myself sometimes... 

I got sick this week and ended up puking. It was not a very happy week. I blame some Elders in our district... Elder Patterson and Elder Murphy for giving us some old enchiladas to eat... Elder Patterson was out the same day I was and we weren't having a very happy day. We're all better now though. I have to say enchiladas isn't my favorite food anymore though. In fact, as of right now, I don't think I ever want to have another one ever again... especially the green ones.

All in all like I said it's been a great week. We are in the process of bringing people closer to Christ! I love the Meadows 4th Ward, I love my companion, I love my family, I love my friends, I love the gospel, I love Christ and I love God!

Thanks for all your emails and i'll try to get to them as soon as I can! Thanks for all the love y'all are sending! I would hug y'all if I could!

- Elder Cline

Note:  No photo this week as he did not send any.  I do have a hard copy of Elder Cline with the mission president and his wife, sent from the mission home, and if our scanner cooperates I will post that.


No comments:

Post a Comment